Category Archives: Nets
We need Net or Roundtable controllers always!
A Open Nets (Is an over-the-air meeting.)
- Secure the frequency using your call and club call.
- Net Controller starts with rules of the net and how to check-in.
- Net Controller shares all club announcements and asks for any additional announcements.
- Net Controller starts taking checks-in with any short timers or limited access locations.
- Net Controller’s will repeat any announcements and/or relevant information.
- Net Controller will ID repeatly the club’s call and their call.
- Controller give thanks to City of Richfield public safety & RARC near the end.
- Controller gives out the club’s website for more information just before ending.
- Give 3 chances for final check-ins.
- The controller will announce the next net information and a summary of this net
- The end the Net Controller will clear with both the club’s call & their call then return the frequency to normal use.
A Closed Nets (This is very similar, but is restricted to a selected few and asked for required attendance.)
- Secure frequency or Frequencies with your call, name, and the club call.
- Give net rules & procedures to the closed net.
- Give any important announcements.
- Start taking check-ins by one of these possible methods. (Always answer any emergency check-ins)
- Off a list of stations only.
- Ask for check-ins with a reportable conditions.
- Ask for check-ins only related to the net.
- Ask for check-ins related to the given event only.
- Ask for check-ins at given location only.
- Break periodically to get people to respond.
- Repeatedly state the net rules & procedures and identify that you are doing a closed net and remind all others to standby until the net is complete please.
- Give updates and all relevant information as needed.
- Give your ID, name & the club’s ID often.
- Give thanks to RARC and the Richfield City Public Safety for the use of it’s repeaters.
- When done remind the people that the repeater is now open to regular amatuer use and clear using WØRRC call and your Call.
Subnotes: (Whenever anyone checks-in to a net they should always check-out with the net controller if they have to leave early.)
A Roundtables or Round Tables (A group of 3 or more operators talking about any topics.)
- Secure frequency using your call.
- Share a topic or topics to talk about.
- Invite others to join in.
- operators can come or go at anytime.
- operators should rotate with others giving everyone a chance to comment.
- We ask to share any club information.
- The roundtable ends when less then three operators remain.
Our nets and Roundtables are open to all. They start at 6:30pm every Thursday on our UHF repeater 444.475 with a tone of 118.8
If special events are going on we will make additional changes as needed.
Anyone can do roundtable at anytime because all it takes 3 or more people talking together. (aka a partyline over the radio.)
I double dog dare you! To make the biggest ham radio roundtable.
Email us if you can help at: WØRRC.RARC@gmail.com