KEØGZT here with a tip for a good upcoming Nat Geo film… and a good Ham-related e-newsletter/blog.
The current issue of the e-newsletter Calling CQ is below.
–from Calling CQ:
‘…The National Geographic channel announced the release of the short film Before Mars the story of twin Korean American teenage girls who move to a new town with their military mom. Hana finds a ham radio and with the help of an Elmer, successfully makes contact with an astronaut on the International Space Station. In the story, that feat helps inspire the sisters to pursue careers in space exploration—one as an astronaut on the Mars mission, the other as an official at Mission Control.’
The Nat Geo film looks to be a great one. Check out the trailer in the above link.
The author of Calling CQ, is Jeff Davis and I’ve been following his blog (different from the e-newsletter) for about a month, plus lots of his previous posts. His blog can be found at Jeff Davis, KE9V.
See you at the RARC mtg. next week.
73, Mike, KEØGZT
Thanks Mike for this information. I will be watching this short film.
Link to this Blog if you love the Outdoors and Ham Radio fun. This is one of our members Blog. www.BackCountryJournal.net
- ARRL membership is encouraged
- Basic antenna building and basic testing
- Basic soldering skills
- Club members collaborating knowledge of ham radio
- Emergency preparedness ready
- Encourage members to upgrade their license class
- Encourage people to become a new ham radio operator
- Experiment with new ideas and reevaluate as needed
- Field Day is a club event for all. All members will try to participate even if not at RARC’s FD site
- Have many Get-on-air events for all
- Help and support good radio practices
- Help and welcome anyone new to the hobby
- Learning by Hands on experience whenever possible
- Maintain a low key and informal environment to all members
- Micro-Shack (local low powered backup communications at given key locations)
- Monitor and use the Richfield repeaters whenever possible
- On location survival ready
- Open to all and inviting to all
- Support & backup city’s MOC & EOC
- Support AERO Training Classes
- Support ARES & RACES groups
- Support BARA
- Support BCG
- Support CERT activities
- Support event communications
- Support Richfield City events and needs
- We encourage members to be involved with Metro Skywarn
- We encourage members to join other radio clubs
- We support all local and statewide emergency management
- We support the Yaesu’s Fusion System
- We will have open to all weekly nets or roundtables
We should always support our hobby and remember this is a hobby that can save lives.
Don Pres of RARC…
Thank you everyone that showed up to AERO 100 Class on 10-15-2016.