Category Archives: Uncategorized
New business, Present and discuss proposed changes to RARC constitution and bylaws. Will be voted on at the April RARC meeting. GOTA on March 30, 2019 at the outbuilding at the Richfield Historical Society, 6901 Lyndale Avenue South, Richfield, MN 55423. All are welcome, bring a chair and dress for the weather. 10 am to 2 pm.
Please join us for the weekly Thursday evening net on the W0RRC UHF repeater at 6:30 pm.
Presentation on basic hand soldering seemed to be well received and we plan to have a hands on session in the future.
We are doing our spring Get-On-The-Air event this Saturday March 30, from 10am till 2pm.
No alcohol or tobacco allowed during the event.
We will be at the Richfield’s Historical Society’s back shed. This is open to the public at no charge or no formal club meeting.
Please bring your own snacks and chair.
See you there.
To the RARC club members and friends of the RARC: Please join us for the Wednesday, March 20th club meeting at the Richfield Community Center at 7:00 pm, 7000 Nicollet Avenue south, Richfield, MN 55423. We will be presenting and discussing proposed changes to the RARC By-Laws to be voted on at the April 2019 meeting. Also to be presented is an introduction to basic hand soldering.
Nets are fun to check-in and here is some suggestions.
- Use your Full Call and any other information requested by the Net Control. (Always use you full call no matter what.) If you only give your last 3 of your call you have not properly Identified your station in case the Net Controller never hears you.
- Please use proper Phonetics and not strange codes. If Net Controller is on the ball he only needs to know 26 Phonetics.
- When using numbers Ø is a Zero & not a “Owe”, and 9 is Nine & not Niner. (If giving a big number like 1500 you can say “One thousand, Five hundred, or Fifteen hundred, or One Five Zero Zero.” never use” * * Owe, Owe.”
- When using “.” people can use “Decimal, Period, Dot, or Point.”
- Always wait for the Net Control to turn it to you before giving your detail information.
Terms & procedures
- Ways to Check-in only with nothing to add to the Net.
- Saying your call & “Clear.” Example “KCØTJ Clear”
- Saying your call & “No traffic.” Example “KCØTJ No traffic”
- Your call & saying “In & Out.” Example “This is KCØTJ In & Out.”
- Your call & saying “One for the count.” Example “KCØTJ one for the count.” This method is better after you check-in.
- Saying your call and adding “for a short.” or just saying “short” after your call. this is to say that you are a “Short Timer” this means you cannot stay the whole Net and you maybe ask to check-in at a different time.
- Saying “Recheck” This means you are a previous check-in and have an update.
- Saying “Comment” is a way to tell the Net Controller you have info based on the last check-in.
- Saying “Info” is a way to add any information related to the Net or topic.
- Saying “Contact” This is to meet another station on a different frequency off the Net frequency.
- Saying “Relay” Is asking another station to repeat information of another station.
- Saying “Break” This is a priority call in and is not necessarily an emergency.
- Saying “Break Break” is an emergency, but not necessarily life or death.
- Saying “Beak Break Break” is the same as SOS, PAN PAN PAN, and MAYDAY and Is a life or death call.
- Saying “a 2fur, or any #fur” is saying multi check-ins under one operator. Example ” This is KCØTJ with a 2fur please copy KAØEPZ she is in the kitchen cooking”
- Saying “Anyone Anywhere” this means typically open to anyone.
- Saying “Taking only 9s” this means only people with 9 in their call.
- Saying “Taking calls A through D” This refers to the letter right after your number. Example if your call was AAØE.. you must wait.
- Open Net is open to All
- Closed Net is restricted access
- Formal Net is restricted by certain rules. please verify them before checking-in
- Monitor the Net for all rules & procedures before checking-in.
- Find a good location with a strong signal before calling.
- Organize your thoughts before TXing.
- Press PTT button then talk.
- Use your call in Phonetics whenever possible.
- Speak clearly and confidently.
- Speak Slowly, and you may have to repeat your info twice this is normal.
- Always be patient with the Net Controller. The Net Controller might be taking notes at the same time.
- Don’t leave the Net until you are dismissed.
- If you need to leave the Net Check-in saying “Recheck” once you are acknowledged then say “Please check me out.” and your call. (If you coming back to the Net you might say your “Call” or “Recheck.” then ask “Please be check me back in” & your call.
- If you need to talk to another operator on the Net please use another frequency during the Net.
- Don’t use minimum power to check-in the Net this can make it hard for everyone and may take additional time taking away from others.
- Keep all transmissions quick unless otherwise stated.
- Always be friendly.
Dur to inclement weather, the February 2019 meeting was held on the air on the W0RRC UHF repeater. President Don, KC0TJ and Secretary Paul, KE0QXV served as officers. Five other members joined in. Discussion of proposed by-law changes were postponed until the March 20th, 2019 RARC meeting. Also at the March meeting, Paul KE0QXV will make a presentation on hand soldering theory and techniques. If club members have interest in a hands on session, that can be arranged for a later date. At the April RARC club meeting, there will be an APRS presentation.
Respectfully submitted February 26, 2019
Paul KE0QXV, RARC secretary.
Tonight’s meeting is cancelled per the weather. We will have a net instead on 444.475 at 7pm. All are invited to join in.
The link below has the proposed Bylaws and constitution changes. This location may be used for future shared docs for RARC so please save this link. I would like to vote on this on next meeting.
Click here for club shared docs RARC’s Member Files
To Members, Friends, Family, & Guests,
Our Omni Theater events are cancelled. I have had one person signed up other than me. So I am forced to cancel both days. I will be using Signup Genius https://www.signupgenius.com/ in future club sign-ups. All members must be ready for future opportunities using this tool including Field Day. This is a free service and is used by many organizations and will be used by us.
We will still be having our next club meeting on the 20th as normal. Our Monthly meeting is reviewing the bylaws for changes & programming your Chi-com radios.
In the future we will have other weekend fun activities with no club business (However we may ask for future Ideas). We will be making time at every monthly meeting to help do a quick radio programing of all brands, an emergency preparedness minute, and we will be touching on the basics and reviews of what everyone should know added to every monthly agenda.
Our leadership is committed to getting everyone on the air and doing hands on activities. we will be looking in to digital modes, soldering, antennas, goboxes, APRS, radio related videos with comments afterwards and many other ham friendly events this year.
Remember this is your club and we need your help to keep it fun and relevant.
Program Your Chi-Com Radio Night…
Bring your Chi-com radio and learn to program it.
BTech, Pofung, Anytone, Baofeng, & etc.
We will be presenting some changes of the Club’s Bylaws & the Club’s Constitution
All members will be able to review & comment on any & all changes…
NEXT MEETING… in March we will vote on final version…
The next scheduled meeting is Wednesday, March 20th at 7:00 p.m.
All meetings are on third Wednesdays starting 7pm at 7001 Nicollet Ave S. (Richfield Community Center) …