The 2019 Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon Weekend is fast approaching, so mark your calendars for
* Sunday, October 6 (Marathon & Medtronic TC 10 Mile
If you wish to volunteer for the 2019 race medical team (Sunday), please register online by September 22. Early registration ensures you are on the team and have a secured position. We are staffing the marathon and the 10 mile as independent races to allow shorter shifts, but you can sign up for both races. We are using the RaceSafe platform for medical volunteer registration again this year so if you registered last year, you will just update changes in your status for this year. For those of you who are new, you will need to access the website and download the app to your phone as outlined below. The volunteer list will be available for other Twin Cities In Motion events so it will be easy for you to volunteer if you choose to do so. If you are not available for this year’s race, but wish to remain on the list for future years, please register and you will appear on our lists for future events.
We are still in the planning stages and always looking for suggestions to improve our medical team.
Race Day Logistics: The medical section coordinators will be setting up race day assignments by September 22, so please register as soon as possible. You will get an email with your assignment, report times, and a map of the location as soon as we make assignments. If you would like to remain in your previous post, please note where you have worked in past years and we will do our best to make this happen. If you have a medical license and you enter it in the registration process, you will automatically be in our medical liability plan.
To Register in RaceSafe please complete the following steps:
1. Create an account or Login by going to the event specific links below for Sunday (marathon & 10 mile) Sunday (marathon and ten mile)
Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon & Medtronic TC 10 Mile
Please note there are 10 mile shifts and marathon shifts.
If you have an existing RaceSafe login, please click the link above to get to RaceSafe and then click the login link. Your login is your email. Hopefully, you remember your password.
If you are signing up for the first time, click on the link above and fill in the requested information. You will receive an authentication email at the email you provide with an activation link that you must click on to create an account.
2. Please go through the registration wizard and fill out all mandatory fields. If you are a provider without a license, please type in “unlicensed” or “none”. For those with existing accounts please update your profile in the dashboard if your information has changed since your last volunteer experience.
Select the event you are volunteering for from the dashboard and choose the correct volunteer position that applies to you. They have been divided up to make the check-in process on race day quicker and easier.
In the “Comment section”: If you have worked medical before, please enter your past medical assignments and your qualifications here. If you have foreign language skills, please include that here.
Complete the registration process by watching the videos. You will receive a confirmation email afterwards confirming your registration is complete.
Physical Therapists will receive final assignments from Kelly Roberts Lane.
3. Download RaceSafe on the Apple App Store or Google Play if you don’t have it already. If you do have it make sure you update the app (there have been some updates over the past year).
If you are registering for both days, please go back to your dashboard and add the second day to your events, repeating the same steps as before. You will not have to download the app a second time.
4. After “Account Creation” and “RaceSafe app download,” please go through all the training slides and click “I have completed the training.” This only takes around 10 minutes. Be sure to click “I have completed the training” on the last slide.
Success! Now, on race day you will be able to access the app from your Apple or Android phone/tablet to do your part in keeping participants safe.
If you have any problems signing up, please contact email@example.com
We will use the following categories to make assignments. The sign-up includes locations like finish line or course; and “are you working with a group list”:
* National Ski Patrol OEC Course Teams
* Communications Teams
* Ramsey County/UMN Med Reserve Corps
* MATA ATC Finish Chute Triage Team
* National Mountain Bike Patrol Teams
* EMT Osseo/SLP Triage Teams
* EMT Independent
* IHCC (Inver Hills) Student Association Triage Team * Regions Critical Care and Arrest Teams * Red Cross EMT/First Responders * RaceGuards
During the sign up, please specify your role from the following categories (found under “background” in your user profile):
* MD/DO Staff
* MD/DO Fellow – licensed
* MD/DO Resident – licensed
* MD/DO Resident – non licensed
* Medical Student Year 1, 2
* Medical Student Year 3, 4
* RN licensed
* RN Student
* Physical Therapist – licensed
* Physical Therapy – student
* Nurse Practitioner – licensed
* Nurse Practitioner – student
* Physician Assistant – licensed
* Physician Assistant – student
* Athletic Trainer
* Athletic Trainer – student
* Pre-med student
* Communications Volunteer
* Adult Volunteer
* High School Volunteer