Category Archives: Events
A Basic Club Net (A scheduled over-the-air meeting.)
- Secure the frequency using your call and club call.
- Everyone checks in with the net controller only.
- Controller gets any & all announcements & share it.
- Controller calls & takes all check-ins.
- The controller repeats any relevant information as necessary.
- Controller give thanks to City of Richfield public safety & RARC near the end.
- Controller gives our club’s website for more information just before ending.
- The controller clears with both the club’s call & their call to return the frequency to normal use.
A Closed Net (This is very similar above, but access is restricted.)
- Secure frequency or Frequencies with your call, name, and the club call.
- Give net rules & procedures to the closed net.
- Start taking check-ins by one of these possible methods. (Always answer emergency check-ins)
- Off a list of a call signs only.
- Ask for check-ins with only reportable conditions.
- Ask for check-ins only related to the net.
- Ask for check-ins related to the event only.
- Break periodically to get people to respond.
- Repeatedly state the net rules & procedures and identify that you are doing a closed net and remind all others to stand by until the net is complete please.
- Give updates and all relevant information as needed.
- Give your ID, name & the club’s ID often.
- Give thanks to RARC and the Richfield City Public Safety for the use of it’s repeaters.
- When done remind the people that the repeater is open now to regular amatuer use and clear using WØRRC call and your Call.
A Roundtable (A group of 3 or more operators talking about any topics.)
- Secure frequency using your call.
- Have a topic or topics to talk about.
- Invite others to join in.
- operators can come or go at anytime.
- operators should rotate with others giving everyone a chance to comment.
- We ask to share any club information.
- The roundtable ends when any of the last three operators remaining clear.
Our nets and Roundtables are open to all. They start at 8pm every Thursday on our UHF repeater 444.475 with a tone of 118.8
If special events are going on we will make additional changes as needed.
Anyone can do roundtable at anytime because all it takes 3 or more people talking together. (aka a partyline over the radio.)
I double dog dare you! To make the biggest ham radio roundtable.
If you want to volunteer email me at… firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you everyone that showed up to AERO 100 Class on 10-15-2016.
The regular meeting of the Richfield Amateur Radio Club for January has been postponed due to time constraints. Our next meeting will be on February 16, 2016 at the Richfield Community Center.
We are still in need to Net Control Stations for January and early February nets, please contact Don (KCØTJ) to sign-up. Also, we have been invited to attend the Richfield CERT Training on January 19, 2016 at the Richfield Community Center for a presentation by Jonah Weinberg, Director of the Autism Society of Minnesota.
If you would like to attend, please RSVP with Charlie O’Brien on Doodle.
Lastly, if you would like to serve the RARC as an officer, please let us know as elections will be held at the February meeting.
Grant Gartland (NØBEC)
If you have been looking for an excuse to get outside and test your operating skills, this is your chance. See the information below about volunteering for the 2015 Arlidazzle event in Arlington, MN on December 5, 2015. The coordinator is Don Burgess (KCØQNA) who has gladly helped with getting our newer repeaters up and running, so if you can help support him.
Hope to see you there,
Grant (NØBEC) – Vice-President
Sorry I am a bit late in getting this info out, but here is some info on some upcoming events you can volunteer for:
From Charlie O’Brien (Richfield CERT Coordinator):
CERT Team Members/RARC: I have created Doodle Links with explanations of the times and CERT/Ham needs for each event, I will insert them below.
Richfield Urban Half Marathon/5K – Saturday 8/1/15: http://doodle.com/n4gkbsxkn7yfaua6
Richfield Open Streets/Penn Fest –Sunday 9/20/15: http://doodle.com/t8grhgbquku45a3x