On Thursday 12-29-16 we did an “All Call Drill.” I We had 9 check-ins including me as net control. I will give thanks to AE0RF for helping me when it became alphabet soup. I kept saying Zulu instead of Zero, so Justin came to my aide. N0TNL was ready to relieve AE0RF. So I also want to give Matt a big thanks. This was our 2nd attempt of an “ALL CALL! or CLUB ROLE CALL!” on a net night. Our 1st attempt yield a little more results, but we did use 145.390 and 444.475 repeaters simultaneously and gave everyone a longer warning of the drill. I again I thank all that participated. I will also would like to add that I did get some additional emails of members that was not in range of the repeater. This drill or club exercise will be coming again in the new year with little to no warning in prep for a real call out of ham radio operator’s to be use as an immediate support group. If you want to be the net controller or roundtable person please let me know, and I still need a person for next week (1-5-16). Procedures are on this website.
Remember our Nets/Roundtables are always on 8pm CT every Thursday on 444.475 (+) Tone 118.8Hz. All CLUB NEWS and UPDATES will be at this time. (If You need help please contact us!)
ALL CLUB MEMBERS SHOULD ALWAYS MONITOR OUR REPEATERS WHENEVER POSSIBLE!!!
Another fun thing is Mnwis having a World Wide 24 hour New Year’s Party this Starts 4am local today (12-31-16) on 145.390 (-) Fusion Mode. (Note: If you busy light goes on with no sound you are not in Fusion mode.)
*** If you don’t have Fusion Mode go to 145.230 (-) Tone 114.8 to join in the New Year’s Party***
REMINDER… Our next meeting Jan 18 starting at 7pm.Richfield’s Community Center (7000 Nicollet Ave.) Elections and WFD Prep
In closing this is Your Club and Everyone has Equal Input and Rights. Ham Radio is bigger than anyone person to know it all, so don’t feel uncomfortable to ask for help. I have been around radio for 40+ years and I am still asking questions that was on my 1st test. (Example: I never done an “All Call” with 60+ people and started to stumble but as I stated above other members jumped in to help.)
DE KCØTj 73
Thanksgiving Net Tonight!
I am sending everyone a safe and happy Thanksgiving.
I will be doing a Rag chewing net for anyone that needs a break from the relatives. We will start taking check-ins on 444.475 at 7:30pm local and will be going till 8:15ish. If I am not on by 7:30 then start rag chewing with out me. I will go longer then if needed.
73 DE KCØTJ
Link to this Blog if you love the Outdoors and Ham Radio fun. This is one of our members Blog. www.BackCountryJournal.net
- ARRL membership is encouraged
- Basic antenna building and basic testing
- Basic soldering skills
- Club members collaborating knowledge of ham radio
- Emergency preparedness ready
- Encourage members to upgrade their license class
- Encourage people to become a new ham radio operator
- Experiment with new ideas and reevaluate as needed
- Field Day is a club event for all. All members will try to participate even if not at RARC’s FD site
- Have many Get-on-air events for all
- Help and support good radio practices
- Help and welcome anyone new to the hobby
- Learning by Hands on experience whenever possible
- Maintain a low key and informal environment to all members
- Micro-Shack (local low powered backup communications at given key locations)
- Monitor and use the Richfield repeaters whenever possible
- On location survival ready
- Open to all and inviting to all
- Support & backup city’s MOC & EOC
- Support AERO Training Classes
- Support ARES & RACES groups
- Support BARA
- Support BCG
- Support CERT activities
- Support event communications
- Support Richfield City events and needs
- We encourage members to be involved with Metro Skywarn
- We encourage members to join other radio clubs
- We support all local and statewide emergency management
- We support the Yaesu’s Fusion System
- We will have open to all weekly nets or roundtables
We should always support our hobby and remember this is a hobby that can save lives.
Don Pres of RARC…
Thank you everyone that showed up to AERO 100 Class on 10-15-2016.
Scheduled to be effective 5/27/16 @ 17:00 hrs…
- The 145.390 PL Tone will be changing to DCS 047.
- The 444.475 PL Tone will be changing to DCS 047.
- Both repeaters will be running in AMS to provide both analog & Fusion digital capabilities.
- The 145.390 will be linked via WiresX to the MNWIS room in partnership with the Bakken Amateur Radio Society.
Dear Members of RARC,
So our meeting will start after the CERT meeting…
That means after 8:30pm on the 15th of March at the Bartholomew Room in Richfield’s City Hall 6700 Portland Ave S.
I have Received an email asking what does a proxy vote mean. So here is my interpretation and my plan is.
Any member that is unable to attend our meeting can use this means to be heard.
- They may contact any current officer or other member going to the meeting with a written approval to share.
- They may be called or call-in during our meeting via a speaker phone to any member present.
- They may email any member present at the meeting and their email can be kept private, but a proof of that proxy member’s identity may be requested.
- They may use our repeaters to call us long as it is not illegal to our ham radio regulations (note: pecuniary interest is not allowed on any ham radio station)